We’re teaming up with Krewe de Canailles and naming a cocktail in honor of the Lafayette Mardi Gras krewe!
Made with J.T. Meleck Vodka, blackberries, lime, and a sprig of mint leaves, the Cocktail de Canailles was a staff favorite when we made the drink here at the distillery. This cocktail is a spin on a traditional mojito that uses vodka instead of rum.
Cocktail de Canailles Ingredients (single serving)
- 2 oz. J.T. Meleck Vodka
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 6 mint leaves
- 8 fresh blackberries
- half a lime, cut into quarters
Cocktail de Canailles Directions (single serving)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blackberries, lime, mint leaves, and simple syrup.
- Add vodka and ice, then shake well for approximately 10 seconds.
- Pour cocktail shaker contents into a serving glass, top with sparkling water, garnish with mint leaves and a lime peel, and enjoy!
If you’ve ever been to Mardi Gras you know that sometimes more than one drink is appropriate, so we’ve also included quantities and directions for making a pitcher of the Cocktail de Canaille below!
Cocktail de Canailles by the pitcher Ingredients
- 1 bottle of J.T. Meleck Vodka
- 9.5 oz. of simple syrup
- 6 limes cut in half then quartered
- 72 mint leaves
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
Cocktail de Canailles by the pitcher Directions
- In a bowl, muddle blackberries, lime, mint leaves, and simple syrup.
- Add muddled mix, vodka, and crushed ice to a pitcher then mix well.
- Pour into individual serving glasses and top with sparkling water.