Many in Louisiana are currently observing meatless Fridays and we think that makes it a perfect time to try out a meatless vodka pasta sauce recipe.
The pasta came out great and has a perfect Cajun spice kick. We’ll definitely be making this recipe again at home!
JT Meleck’s Meatless Vodka Pasta Ingredients
- 12 oz. rotini pasta
- 28 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup JT Meleck Vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Cajun seasoning to taste
JT Meleck’s Meatless Vodka Pasta Directions
Prepare pasta according to package directions and set aside once complete. While pasta is cooking, begin preparing pasta sauce.
- Put a large pan over medium heat and add butter. When butter is almost completely melted, add in diced onion.
- When diced onion has just begun to brown, add in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about 20 seconds or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Pour canned crushed tomatoes into pan and add in vodka.
- Simmer sauce on medium heat for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and heavy cream, then continue cooking for another 7 minutes to thicken.
- Season with Cajun seasoning as desired and remove sauce from heat.
- Pour pasta over sauce, mix thoroughly, and allow to rest for five minutes.
- Serve and garnish with extra parmesan and basil as desired.